Sunday, October 7, 2012

They came for the gold. They stayed for the adventure.

They came for the Gold. They stayed for the adventure.
Emily Gill
Cites:http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9E01E4DD123CF932A05750C0A9669C8B63

I received all my information from NewYorktimes.com The author is not shown and the dates are continuously being updated. This blog is going to rap around the movie "the Road to ElDorado" released into theaters in 2000. Directed by Don Paul and Eric Bergeron, written by Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio. You all probably remember watching this movie as a kid, I loved it and after writing this passage find myself wanting to watch it. That would bring back great childhood memories. This movie shined a lot of light to the myth of the city of gold. Parents and children were memorized by the movie after its great reviews of  63%. The New York Times reviews this movie by saying,"
Beavis and Butt-head and Wayne and Garth and the crew from ''South Park'' have so thoroughly coarsened the comic buddy movie that it comes as a slight shock when ''The Road to El Dorado'' hurtles us back six decades to the mild-mannered zaniness of the Bing Crosby-Bob Hope ''road'' movies.
Although those comedies, with their oblique inside references to sex, drugs and other not so simple pleasures, weren't as innocent as they appeared at the time, only those sophisticates with ears sharpened to the wisecracks' finer nuances could discern a subversive undertow. Most people were content to sit back and bask in those goofy mock travelogues seasoned with topical jokes and sight gags.''The Road to El Dorado,'' the new animated comedy from DreamWorks, borrows its title, its wanderlust and its jokey buddy-buddy tone from those Crosby-Hope treks into silliness, but its dialogue is so innocuous that there's no subtext to speak of. And where the Crosby-Hope romps into exotic climes flaunted a benighted Yanks-among-savages attitude toward non-North Americans, ''The Road to El Dorado'' bends over backward not to offend. This is a movie that wouldn't hurt a fly.
In its nicey-nice way, it is so eager simply to entertain that unlike other mainstream animated films, this one has no moral lesson up its sleeve. Well, yes, maybe one: human sacrifice is evil. Stretching things a bit, it also suggests that friendship might matter more than wealth and that con men can also be noble"

1 comment:

  1. Well let me say first that this is a nice blog to read about that the movie had real facts from the myth of El Dorado. I think I saw this movie when I was a kid, but I can't really say that I watched the movie. So I think I might just have to watch it even if I did saw it. It wouldn't hurt anyone, so what the heck. Lately for some reason I have been hearing things from a lot of different people about The city of Gold. They are like talking about what it is, or if anyone has really discovered it. I also have heard from this old lady that she had found the city of gold, and that she is rich........ but I think that she might just be a little bit crazy. Well anyways I don't think I came here to tell you about my experience with the city of gold, I don't think you really care. Well this is supposed to be my last blog comment that I am going to do, but your topic is just too interesting to just stop here, so I am going to try my best to follow the rest of your blog topics until you stop making the blogs. Well I think this all I am going to be writing for this blog comment, but like I said I am going to be trying to read the others until you stop. So now I am going to make a new blog of my own.

    ReplyDelete