Sunday, November 4, 2012

They found it!!

The Mosquitia region of the Honduran jungle mapped by the University of Houston and NCALM team
They found it!!
Emily Gill
Cites:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156900/Legendary-lost-White-City-gold-discovered-dense-Central-American-jungle-advanced-laser-mapping.html-This article was published on June 9th,2012.
I've been waiting over the past month and a half to share with you the discovery of the Lost Golden City. Before I even started writing these blogs, my father and I watched fox news tell the world that the city has been found by laser mapping technology and that brave travelers are now on there way into the dense Central American Rain Forest. My last two blogs will be completely surrounded by this discovery because there is so much information to be said. MailOnline.com says"A team of scientists using advanced laser mapping have detailed a remote region of Honduras that may have revealed the legendary lost city of Ciudad Blanca, known as the 'White City' of gold. Researchers from the University of Houston and the National Center for Airborne Laser Mapping (NCALM) flew over the Mosquitia region in a small plane shooting billions of laser pulses at the ground to create a 3D digital map of the topology beneath the jungle canopy.Compiling their data, the analysts revealed what appears to be man-made elevation changes that are thought to show a forgotten city plaza dotted with pyramids reclaimed by the jungle.According to legend, Ciudad Blanca or the 'White City' is full of gold and has been sought out by explorers and treasure hunters since conquistador Hernando Cortes first made reference to it in a 1526 letter to King Charles V of Spain.Inspired by this legend, cinematographer and Ciudad Blanca enthusiast Steven Elkins sought backing from private investors to pay for the team at NCLAM to use their laser mapping technology to chart the forest floor of Mosquitia.Over the course of a week, the NCALM and University of Houston engineers flew over 60 square miles of forest in their dual-engine Cessna planes.And at the end of each day, the data was transferred to Bill Carter, a University of Houston engineer who works with the NCLAM.He discovered the first indications of what appeared to be man-made structures in the jungle.'I'm the only person right now on the planet that knows that there's these ruins,' said Carter as he recalled his thoughts when he saw straight lines and right angles on the 3D digital map.'My wife walked in and looked over my shoulder and she was the second person to know.'This was one of the first times that laser mapping, specifically light detection and ranging (LiDAR) had been used to locate ancient ruins."- TO BE CONTINUED....





5 comments:

  1. Wow I really like this article, what caught my eye was the title of the name. When I saw that it got me interested in reading what your article was about. But I can’t wait u hear more info about the lost city of gold. When I was reading this article I saw that they use a laser pulses at the ground to create a 3D digital map of the topology beneath the jungle canopy. It’s crazy how technology it used for everything now. Making everything in the past that’s almost taking century to figure out just weeks to see where they have mistaken and try to find where they were trying to look for in the first place. Well I hope they find what they were looking for and the trip was save. Cause lost city of golden could probably bring a lot of news and death with it two. But I really like ur article and glad it caught my attention cause I really enjoy reading this and can’t wait to hear more about what ur blog to bring about the lost city of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy rock
    11/25/12
    Blog response #3

    I find this blog to be very interesting. I had no clue that the city of gold had possibly been found. I find it really cool that they used laser picturing to uncover what was underneath the thick rain forest of the remote region of Honduras. I wonder if we could have done this all along why it has taken us so long to decide to get a laser picture of the part of the world where the legendary city of gold is said to be resting undisturbed with its huge amount of gold. I personally think another country should find the city because if we find it our government will probably increase their spending habits and our deficit will increase faster than it is already. But our government could also go the complete other direction and actually do the right thing with their new found wealth and pay off our deficit completely. I wonder if the treasure has been there close by people why they have yet to take it for themselves or tried to sell it to others for food or other things that their tribe needed to survive. It would make perfect sense for the tribes to do that to insure that their tribe survives the winter. I personally like the end of this blog because it seriously sounds like the person talking was planning on keeping the map of the location of the lost city of gold to himself and try to find it himself leave everyone else out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang!! (as in aww) some researches actually found the city of gold!? or El Dorado, haha I did not know that the legend existed for the fact that the legend was a legend at all. I remember watching the El Dorado or the city of gold cartoon movie and thought it was just some story a person made up for little kids, but now to read that El Dorado the city of gold really exist out in a big rain forest it sounds very interesting, I want to go and see El Dorado as the city of gold for myself now. And hearing about the laser technology that can see what's going on beneath a big forest, I think that is amazing that our technology has great performance to see things the human naked eye can't see. And to find the lost city of gold or El Dorado is even better interesting information to read about, And when the information was found only two people have had known until now. Also is there more people that were involved in finding the city of gold more commonly known as El Dorado city of gold? I wonder how many people are visiting it now, and when was El Dorado city of gold found? what year was it really found?

    ReplyDelete